Everything you need to know to enjoy at best this corner of heaven! From the sunrise until deep night, discover with us every secret of the island of Formentera
Formentera is an extremely active and vibrating island, at any time of the day and night you can find crowded pubs, people walking and packed beaches. Don't lose any opportunity to enjoy the island at its best, we bring you our experience and our suggestions about the best places of the Isla Bonita. BREAKFAST
To boost your energy and face a long day at the beach sea and full of events, it is crucial to fill your stomach with a glorious breakfast. The little town around which everything spins is Sant Francesc: a vast pedestrian zone divides in two the small city center, with the main roads that rotate around it, get ready to park on first available spot! Our two recommendations for the most important meal of the day are:
- BIG STORE: historical pub founded by the eclectic Mario Losio, charismatic and well-known personality of the island. This cafe is the perfect match between the joyful spirit of its owner and the goodness of the true Italian breakfast. Croissant with Nutella and cappuccino can be spotted above every table, a true must. If you are looking for VIPs on the island this one is the place to be, considering that is it usually attended by personalities such as Philippe Stack or Eugenia Silva.
- MATINAL: suitable for those who seek the tradition of the island: from the homemade figs jam to the greatness of the continental breakfasts. A true institution of Formentera, with over 25 years of history, a true pioneer of the Spanish catering. LUNCH AT THE BEACH
The beautiful beaches of Formentera offer much more than crystalline water, a vastness of places and chiringuitos for all the tastes:
- KIOSKO BARTOLO: typical chiringuito with forty years of history, located a few footsteps from the sea. Where you can enjoy some amazing hamburgers along with an ice-cold cerveza. A few meters far from the kiosko we found one of the most beautiful hidden spots of the island, Cala des Mort.
- THAITI BEACH: very comfortable little restaurant for the families that frequent the island, situated at the end of the walk of Es Pujols. The dishes that you can taste are a lot “easy”. Also this is one of the places preferred by soccer players and VIPs. APPETIZERS
One of the appointments you don’t want to miss is the appetizer on the beach… nothing better than sipping a refreshing Mojito with some good music on the background. Our recommendations are.
- EL PIRATA BUS: another famous chirinquito that leans out to the beach of Migjorn, the owners are German, pioneers of the island. During the summer season the sun sets behind Cap de Barbaria but between November and December it falls directly into the water… A truly unique show that is possible to enjoy off-season.
- ES MOLI DE SAL: located in one of the most beautiful spots of the world (according to the TripAdvisor users), in an unique position that dominates the beach of Ses Illetas. Originally, the structure belonged to an industry for the production of the salt and today preserves its style. In this restaurant you can taste both grilled fish or grilled meat. This one as well, is one of the preferred destinations of the VIPs that love to relax themselves on the island. DINNER
After the sunset and a good appetizer, the moment of the supper has come. The restaurants on the island offer all the alternatives that can be desired. These are our suggestions:
- AIGUA: since 15 years one of the strongholds of Formentera with regards to well eating. Situated in the area of the Puerto La Savina, here you can taste the best dishes that the Mediterranean cuisine can offer. It also has a sushi terrace on top of it.
- CAN CARLOS: placed in the little town of Sant Francesc it is the most glamourous place of the island. The location and service are taken care of meticulously. You can find inside a lounge terrace to sip the best Gin Tonic of your life. NIGHT LIFE
The island offers alternatives for all the tastes for the after dinner: St. Francesc is the most refined area for a calm after dinner while St. Ferran with the mythical Hostal Fonda Pepe remains the rampart of the Hippie movement. Here under we suggest you other two valid alternatives:
- BLUE BAR: situated in a very nice place on the beach of Migjorn, next to the Lucky Bar. The place is mainly attended by Spanish and Germans. The kitchen service has improved in the last years and the location besides offering a breath taking sight it is perfect to dance with some good music. Parties are often organized here, especially during the periods of full moon.
- ES PUJOLS: the little town of Es Pujols is the perfect place for those who love the movida. Until 4AM you can go walk around in the various pubs that animate the pedestrian zone and then move to the clubs located in the area. The choice is not very variegated but can satisfy all the tastes: the Tipic and the Pachanka are more suitable for the youngsters, while the Pineta for those who seek a more elegant and refined environment.
As you may have noticed, Formentera has everything you might fancy. Contact us
now to live your unforgettable holiday